Do you hate Internet Marketing?
Are your still reading this post, right now?
In all likelihood, you are on the verge of quitting your Internet Marketing business and is on a last bit quest to see if there is anything that you can do to save your sinking IM business!!!
That’s right. The fact still remains even if you deny it today.
I too, hate the Internet Marketing business for obvious reasons of mine. Having said that I should say that I am not a failure in the IM business. I am making a living out of the internet. My wife who had to quit her job and take care of my new born daughter is also now on the verge of becoming an independent business owner in the Internet Marketing arena.
So the question is, If I am not a failure and am making a living out of the Internet, then why is it that I hate Internet Marketing?
The failure rate in Internet Marketing is about 96%. That means only about 4% succeed in any online business. Why is the success rate so low?
The internet marketing business is about persistence. You are a failure only if you quit the business. If you remain in the business and do whatever is right, there is no reason why you should fail.
10 Things I Hate about Internet Marketing -
So what are the 10 things that I hate about the Internet Marketing business?
- I cannot drive to work anymore – One of the biggest charms of starting on an Internet Marketing business, for me was time. When I read articles and posts and watched videos where Internet marketing Gurus were leading a lavish life, I was fascinated not by their houses or, cars. Instead I was fascinated by the time that these guys had because they did not have work a 9-5 job. They had all the time in the world to spend with their family. In my 9-5 job which would often get extended up to 14 hrs a day, I could hardly find time to chat with my wife. I hate Internet Marketing today because I cannot drive to my office anymore, because I do not have to.I love to hate Internet Marketing for that. I only drive for pleasure and that is all that I want.
- No Investment – Internet marketing does not require huge investments like a normal brick and mortar business does. This is the biggest bane of the IM business. Since there is no monetary investments involved, people just don’t take it seriously. Since they are not tied down with the burden of investments, they prefer quitting than being persistent. I hate this aspect of the Internet marketing business. There should have been huge investments involved and people would not have quit it so easily.
- Unbelievable income – When I first started on my Internet marketing journey, I was surprised to see the amount of money that people were earning. People kept showing their checks on their websites and I had a difficult time convincing myself that this could be true, especially if you are only spending a few hours everyday and that too at home. Most of the non-starters remain non-starters because they were not able to convince themselves that they could earn so much money online.
- No Proofs can convince – This is an interesting aspect and I was also a party to it when I started. No proofs can convince anybody to start an online business. There are thousands of courses and ebooks released everyday and people buy it, read it and let it be there on their shelf to gather dust. No proofs can convince them into using these strategies to start an online business.
- No Education required – I hate Internet Marketing because there are school dropouts out there who are more successful than I am and I hold a post-graduate degree and some other professional qualifications. Internet Marketing does not require any education. Even and absolute layman can also start a successful internet marketing business. All my degrees are gathering dust and I hate IM for that.
- Overwhelming options – When I first started my online business, I had a difficult time deciding on what to do. There were so many options that a newbie would get overwhelmed by it. Affiliate Marketing, blogging, reselling, product creation, article writing etc. can all make money, if done correctly. But what to choose is a million dollar question. I hate internet marketing for the sheer reason that so many options at times makes it difficult for the newbie to decide on what to do and a wrong decision could end in his exit from the IM arena.
- Free is the least opted for – Nobody would believe you, if you say that you can start an Internet marketing business for free, without having to invest in any ebook or, software. That is right!!! Successful Internet marketers keep saying this, still people prefer spending thousands of dollars on ebooks and software, which anyways they would dump deep down in their store-rooms after reading. In everything else that you do, you would prefer to look for anything that is free, but Internet marketing is one place where free is the least opted for.
- Easily Misused Tools – There are thousands of tools out there that can help you build a successful online business. Social Media is one such platform. I have been using Twitter to build my business. But it is often observed that these tools are misused because of the sheer magnitude of reach that they have and because these are free of cost.
- The Confusion of which Guru to follow – “GURUS” are plenty in Internet marketing. Every second day there is a new self-proclaimed GURU on the internet who would come out with a product of his. How to distinguish the genuine GURU from the fake one and whom to follow. This confusion is without a solution and often people end up following the wrong person.
- I had to cheat on my wife – I had promised my wife that I would never love anybody else and I had to cheat on her. I had to break this promise because I fell in love again – with my computer and my Internet marketing business. But this is one cheating that my wife is also happy about because she is able to spend more time with me.
You cannot hate Internet Marketing!! You spend a whole night thinking for reasons you would hate an Internet marketing business but you will find none. All of the above reasons mentioned above are only reasons to love my online Business.
To be successful in an Internet Marketing business, all that you need is a bit of commitment and the determination to remain there and be persistent.
Read about internet entrepreneurship at my blog.
Latest posts by Dilip Kumar (see all)
- February Blogging Report – Preparing for a Product Launch! - February 28, 2015
- How to Run a Successful Giveaway Campaign on Facebook? - February 11, 2015
- The Most Complete and Practical Social Media Checklist – Infographic - January 30, 2015