The reasons why many fail while only a few get rich with banner display advertising
Online visibility matters. That is the whole point of placing banners and advertisements in the Internet. It’s one of the main reasons why a lot of website owners spend most of their time in improving the quality of their banner display advertising. Let’s face it; having a poorly made banner shown on your website will not improve business. And unfortunately, despite investing in tools and programs in creating banners and ads, the problem is still there. The key to a good banner ad is learning to anticipate what your customers want to read in a banner.
Some website owners have begun hiring people who can develop and market their banners in the Internet. Indeed, freelance graphic designers and marketing people are making themselves available, lending their services to helpless website owners who don’t want to trouble themselves with making and marketing these banners. It’s going to cost you, but you’ll save time and effort.
If you don’t want to hire a graphic designer, that is fine as well. It will give you a chance to see exactly on what you are working on and it saves you money too.
Here’s Something to Think About!
Online businesses may have flourished, but it’s still a far-cry from the traditional marketing that we have witnessed for years. The numbers of website developers and designers have certainly increased, there are, however, a few who knows how to make a really good advertising banner and how to market them.
A reason why it’s difficult to market banner display advertising is because most Internet surfers are hostile to them. In the old days, banner displays were set to pop-up within the screen from time to time, therefore making people upset. Nowadays, pop-up blockers are already installed within computers, making banner displays even harder to achieve online presence.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Banner Display Advertising
There is, however, still hope for those who really want to use banner display advertising to their advantage. If done right, banners and online advertisements can really beef up site rankings and get you massive traffic per month.
The catch? There is no catch, actually. Most website owners have forgotten the fact that the banners they make are supposed to catch the attention of real people, not robots!
To give you guys a heads up of what I am talking about, here are a few do’s and don’ts of banner display advertising. You’d be surprised how simple these rules are!
- Do experiment with your banners. Whether you are planning on buying one from an authority banner-making website or making one yourself, try mixing different advertisement messages. Be creative when working on your banners. For example, if you have a client that sells van equipment, be creative! You can build a banner that looks like a van or perhaps a comic strip about vans.
- Don’t design a banner that disrupts your web visitor’s view of your website. Pop-ups are just one of the many major turn-offs when a potential customer is looking at your website.
- Do expect some questions when a potential website visitor saw your banner or ad. Be online all the time and check your inbox for emails. Nothinga ttracts a customer more than knowing that you are interested in what they have to say.
- Don’t forget to place “Call to Action” buttons and links in your banners. Call to Action refers to messages and statements like “Click Here for More Information” or “Register Today!” The better your call to action message, the better!
These are just some of the ideas on how to improve your banner display advertising. I hope you all have learned a very important lesson, since I obviously did. Besides, we all want to get rich, right? So go ahead, re-think your banner display advertising scheme and go get that gold!
About the Author:
Jessica Greenberg is an experienced blogger and internet marketer from San Diego, California. If she is not busy working on an internet marketing scheme for Southwest Finance, she spends her time going out with her friends or going to the beach for a swim. She loves blogging as well as just surfing the Internet during her free time.
Latest posts by Guest Blogger (see all)
- Running a B2B Business? Here is how you can Benefit from Pinterest - August 27, 2014
- Top WordPress Plugins that will enable you to attach PDF files! - November 29, 2013
- The Elements Of A Perfect Post On Social Networks - November 20, 2013