What is a Curation Commentary and what is the right approach to an effective commentary?
This is the 4 part in a series on Content Curation. You can find the other posts at the below links:
- Episode 44 – Content Curation Tools
- Episode 45 – Content Curation Types and Strategy
- Episode 46 – Common Content Curation Mistakes
By now I am sure you would have understood what curation is all about and also about the importance of commentary in an effective content curation strategy.
Curation is all about engaging your readers by providing them all the content that they are looking for, at one place and in one simple readable format.
And commentary is the value add that you do to the content that you are presenting to your readers.
What is an effective method of writing a curation commentary?
In this episode of the DKSpeaks Podcast, we will be discussing about the different types of curation commentary.
Effective Curation Commentary Styles
Curation is content aggregation. You are finding the best content from around the web and posting it at a single place for your readers. This is not a very difficult thing to do and there could be many others who will be doing the same thing.
So how do you stand out from the crowd?
Another aspect is about adding value to the content that you have curated. Your readers are not coming to your site just to read a bunch of links that you might have added to a post.
They would be interested in knowing what is so special about that link and what is your thought about the information in the post that the link leads to.
This is what commentary does in curation.
Commentary is about adding your thoughts about the content that you have just curated. And in this episode that is what we are discussing.
Here are some of things that we will be discussing in today’s episode –
- 4 different commentary styles for effective content curation
- Adding value and standing out from the content curation crowd
- How to ensure your commentary is effective
Resources mentioned in the episode
We did not discuss a lot about tools and resources in this episode. But there are some tools that we already discussed in our earlier episodes which are essentials for content curation.
Here are some of those tools –
- Blog Curation Blueprint
- Content Gems
Thank you for Joining
Thank you for joining today’s show and I hope you all enjoyed the show today.
Here are 3 things to do, if you really enjoyed the show today –
- Subscribe to the podcast and get access to an exclusive episode on “creating effective content” and a FREE ebook with a 5 step plan to do it.
- Take a few minutes and post a genuine review for the show on iTunes
- Rate the show on iTunes. It helps in the rankings of the show and helps people find the show on iTunes.
If you have any questions or, comments, you can post them in the comment section below and we can discuss.
You can subscribe to the podcast using any of the below links: