Google has become a part of every internet users daily life, given the range of services they offer.
The email looked very impressive, more so the beginning which said that they are now consolidating all the policies across all the various services they offer so that there is only a single policy.
But that is not where the story ends. There is a lot more to it. What was there in the overview sent as part of the email and available at their website was only the good things. There were a few other things as well that were of more importance to me and you.
Though all websites follow stringent measures to keep your information private, there can still be loopholes.
- Google will now use the information that you provide while using their services both explicit and implicit, for the purposes of understanding your tastes and choices and provide better services to you in the future.
- In addition to the information that you explicitly provide them they will also collect information from your usage of their services. This includes device information, log information, location information etc.
- Google will keep these information across the many servers that they have around the globe.
Is this alarming?
Though it is not alarming, it still needs attention. Storing and using your personal information could mean that your information is readily available if somebody needs it. I trust Google to keep this secure, yet there is always that element of fear; what if it falls into the wrong hands.
Is there something you can do about it?
Probably not too much, if you cannot do without using Google.
Read about internet entrepreneurship at my blog.
Latest posts by Dilip Kumar (see all)
- The Eaten Alive Phenomenon in Internet Marketing - December 12, 2014
- Best Black Friday Deals on Internet Marketing Products that You Don’t Want to Miss - November 28, 2014
- Video WP01 – How to Install WordPress Complete with all the Essential Plugins and Themes - November 15, 2014