Back-linking has been one of the key aspects in Search Engine Optimization. Panda or, no Panda… Google has always stressed the importance of backlinking. What could have changed with the change in algorithms, is the quality of backlinks that are acceptable or, maybe the quantity of backlinks as well.
Search the internet and you will find thousands of softwares that claim to be automating the tedious activity of building backlinks. Some do it by building backlinks from social media sites and social bookmarking sites, while other do it by using directories and article sites. The fact that 95% of the internet marketers who want to make money online, fall for one or, the other of these services and spend a fortune to get these back links built.
But the question still remains – as to what kind of backlinks are acceptable?
While I haven’t researched as to what backlinks are acceptable, I know for a fact that if you build links naturally and from reputable and genuine sites, there is no reason why Google or, any other God will deny us our due.
So going by that logic, all I do is teach a few virtual assistants on how to build natural backlinks and that pretty much takes care of backlink building for my money sites and videos.
Here I am going to show you one of those techniques that I use to build backlinks without annoying the Google gods.
How to Get Valuable?
I strictly follow a set guideline when I search for websites from where I could get some backlinks. I also follow a few simple set of tips when building backlinks. Read through to know each of these.
The following is my guidelines about sites that are good to get backlinks from.
- .edu and .gov sites are the best to get backlinks from.
- Hubpages are good PR pages and carries value in the eyes of Google
- Squidoo lenses – though have lost a bit of sheen, can still be considered valuable
- High PR blogs – This is by far the easiest way to get backlinks from. Blogs with a lot of engagement and good content can be extremely good when it comes to getting backlinks.
- Wiki sites that are not solely built for the purpose of building links can be another good resource.
- Lastly PR sites are also good resources when it comes to building backlinks.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when you are building links to your site from any or, all of the above resources. Don’t overdo it and prick Google’s eyes. They are sure to penalize you.
Some basic things that you need to keep in mind are as follows –
- Use a variety of anchor text to build your links. Don’t use the same anchor text everywhere. Variations of the same keyword works well when it comes to SEO.
- Don’t add too many links to the content or, the comment area. Just 1 link should be enough.
- Build links to your inner pages. So if you have a blog and you are building backlinks to it, you should build them to each of your posts instead of only building links to your homepage.
How to find sites to build backlinks?
While there are different methods that I follow, which I will discuss in subsequent posts, I will limit this post to a simple little tool that I use to find good and valuable sites to build backlinks..
You can find this tool at http://dropmylink.com/
This is a nifty little tool to find sites from where you can build backlinks.
You can see in the drop-down menu there that you have a wide variety of options. You just need to enter you keyword, select a type of site from the drop-down and then hit search.
It opens up a search results page on Google with all the relevant sites. You might want to spend some time to find the best site for your purpose.
For eg: not all .edu and .gov sites accepts comments and approves them. But my experience says that if you drop your link at around 10 such sites, you will get about 3 approved. That is a good enough reward for about 20 minutes that you spend.
Check out the tool and build links to your money sites, youtube videos and blog posts and beat your competition.
Do let me know your thoughts about the tool and the tips that we discussed in this blog post.
Read about internet entrepreneurship at my blog.
Latest posts by Dilip Kumar (see all)
- Google Penalizes Private Blog Networks – What Next? - September 25, 2014
- How to Configure Google Plus Interactive Posts in your Blogs? - September 23, 2014
- How does the Facebook Newsfeed Algorithm change 2014 affect your account? - September 22, 2014