Is your business on Facebook?
I am sure you would not want to go through precisely the same thing that you went through about an year and a half when Twitter exploded and you were caught unaware (I assume you were in business then )!!!
When Twitter suddenly became the talk of the town, a lot of people were caught unaware and they found themselves missing the train. By the time they could jump into the bandwagon, the possibility of their success had diminished on account of competition from the big sharks.
It is the same that is happening with Facebook. All of sudden you find there are videos and books all over the internet that tell you that you have to be on Facebook, if you are to succeed. I am not sure if that is the mantra for success but I can be sure of one thing that you would find benefit a lot if you are on Facebook.
If you are one of those dreaming to be an Internet Entrepreneur, then my advice is that you should put your business on Facebook by creating a Fan Page.
What is a Fan Page?
This is what Facebook has to say about a “Page” –
A Facebook Page is a public profile that enables you to share your business and products with Facebook users. When your fans interact with your Facebook Page, stories linking to your Page can go to their friends via News Feed. As these friends interact with your Page, News Feed keeps driving word-of-mouth to a wider circle of friends.
Facebook pages are similar to that of a normal facebook profile but only differs in that it is for a website or, a business. It gives you access to create a profile for you business where your customers and prospects can interact and you can easily publicize your business without spending too much of money.
7 Reasons why you need a Facebook Fan Page -
Different businesses will have different reasons for creating a facebook Fan page. 7 reasons why you as an internet marketer has to have a Facebook Fan Page is as follows:-
- A Fan Page is Viral – Just like a facebook profile that is viral and keeps attracting newer friends, fan pages too are viral. It attracts connections from your fans and virally builds a huge list of people who are following your updates and you website. Whenever anybody joins your fan page as a fan, this is published in their news feed and is available for all of their connections to read. This viral behavior in turn means lots of traffic to your websites.
- Get a Quality Link – Facebook pages are public and is accessible to anyone who searches the internet. This could mean getting a link back to your website from an established website.
- Send Updates to one who matter – People joining your fanpage as fans are actual followers of your updates. These are people who trust you and your brand and hence should be the ones who should be first informed of any update to your business. Facebook pages facilitates this. You can send a one click update to all of those fan for you business.
- Flexibility – Facebook pages provides you with a lot of flexibility with the thousands of apps that are available. You can run a contest or, a poll or, even set up a small store in one of your pages with one of these apps. This gives you a better reach to an group of loyal readers and subscribers.
- Fan pages help you build a Brand – One of the most important things to do when you start an online business is to build a brand for yourself. A brand gives you and identity and builds confidence in you and the products that you are selling. A Facebook fanpage helps you build this brand image.
- It shows that you are updated – Yes, that is right! You have to remain updated with the trend and follow the trend if you wish to gain acceptance. Web 2.0 and Social Media is the trend. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube etc. are part of this changing trends and you have to be a part of it.
- An alternate address for your Business – An alternate address is always important. When we as individuals ensure that we maintain an alternate address, why should our businesses not have one? Assume a situation where your website goes down for a few hours. Your business will have an alternate address at your Facebook fan page so that people can find you.
There could be many more such reasons to be on Facebook. Your reason might be a different one from that of mine. But the bottomline is that you have to be on Facebook and you have to have a Fan Page at Facebook for your business.
Read about internet entrepreneurship at my blog.
Latest posts by Dilip Kumar (see all)
- Thrive Content Builder Review – Building Beautiful Landing Pages - January 27, 2015
- Why You Should Focus on Video Marketing in 2015 – Infographic - January 25, 2015
- How to Improve Email Open Rates by Cleaning Your Dead Email List? - January 19, 2015