In case you are, then let me ask you to rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 on your skills with WordPress. Read on as you rate yourself.
You may even take the vote that you see here.
When I started blogging about 3 years back, I first set up my blog at blogger.com, which I believe, is one of the favorite platforms for all bloggers. But as you season as a blogger, your interest changes shores to WordPress. This is exactly what happened with me. After blogging for almost about 8-9 months, I learnt about WordPress and the extendability that it offers to a blogger. I was so amazed and awed at the potential of WordPress that I straightaway headed over to a hosting company and bought a domain and installed my first WordPress blog. The story doesn’t end there….!
WordPress offers a world famous 5-minute installation process, which ensures that you are up with your blog in minutes. This statement is where I started my blog installation. But……It took me about 2 days to get my blog up and running. If your start-up was better than me then I should say that you are a much better player than me.
Let me tell you the points where I got stuck up:-
- My hosting was not compatible for a WordPress Installation.
- I couldn’t figure out how to import my blogger blog into my new wordpress blog.
- My theme would not install properly because of some stupid permission problems.
- My database would not install properly.
- I did not know how to configure my config.php file.
- I couldn’t install the plugins that was required.
These were just the problems with my startup. The hiccups extended on until about 5 months into my launch by which time I had gained a fairly good understanding of php and MySQL, probably because I had an interest in it.
I had been on the lookout for a course that could offer the initial assistance required to any blogger starting off with WordPress and gradually handhold them until they could popularize their blog and earn from it. I had even thought of starting a WordPress Master course. While I was playing with this idea, I stumbled upon another course by a good friend of mine who was heading the Max Blog Press team. This course is called WordPress Wizard. Though it is not a membership course, it offers an indepth study into WordPress and WordPress blog management.
You might want to check out this course in case you are really keen towards launching a WordPress blog or, even bettering the blog that you are currently running on WordPress.
Read about internet entrepreneurship at my blog.
Latest posts by Dilip Kumar (see all)
- The Eaten Alive Phenomenon in Internet Marketing - December 12, 2014
- Best Black Friday Deals on Internet Marketing Products that You Don’t Want to Miss - November 28, 2014
- Video WP01 – How to Install WordPress Complete with all the Essential Plugins and Themes - November 15, 2014