Is it possible to make money while blogging?
Yes, it is.
But it requires patience.
You can make as much money as you like whether you are looking to support your lifestyle or supplement your income. But you must be willing to put in hard work.
In this article, I’ll tell you about some of the best strategies you can use to make money blogging.
Table of Contents
- Want to Make Money Blogging? Here is How You Can Do That:
- Become an Affiliate
- Place Ads on Your Blog
- Sell Physical and Digital Products
- Become a Thought Leader
- Are You Ready to Make Money Blogging?
Want to Make Money Blogging? Here is How You Can Do That:
Before I tell you about ways to monetize your blog, here are some basic points that you should take care of:
- Create and publish high-quality, original content on your blog. The content you publish should be interesting, meaningful, insightful, and grammatically correct. It should also be SEO optimized, easy-to-read, and valuable for your audience.
- Decide on a niche that you are passionate about and that has a decent audience. Narrow down your search to a topic that doesn’t have very high competition.
- Post consistently. You may create a content calendar for your blog.
- Leverage different types of content such as long-form content, infographics, listicles, and more.
- Start promoting your blog posts on social media and through other channels. This will help you drive more traffic to your blog.
A study found that 97% of bloggers use social media to promote their posts. Whereas, 69% use SEO and 66% use email marketing.
- Use automated, time-saving tools designed for content marketers to streamline and manage your content creation, publishing, and distribution processes.
Now that you’ve got the basics right, let’s find out how you can make money with your blog.
1. Become an Affiliate
Statista predicted that affiliate marketing spending will rise to $8.2 billion by 2022 in the U.S.
What does this mean?
Marketers are willing to spend more money on affiliate marketing. That means it’s a great chance for you to become an affiliate and make money by promoting products and services via your blog.
How does this work?
You can promote the goods and services of other companies on your blog and earn commissions when a user makes purchases via your affiliate links.
Make sure that you join affiliate programs that are relevant to your niche and audience. Many affiliate networks provide custom links to promote the products and services of partner companies.
Some affiliate networks that you can join include Shopify, HubSpot, and Amazon.
How much can you earn with affiliate marketing?
Your earnings will depend on your blog’s traffic, the number of clicks or sales you generate, and other terms of the affiliate program you join.
If your blog receives a decent amount of traffic, you can make money by adding affiliate links to relevant content. Make sure your content provides value to readers and compels them to click on the link.
2. Place Ads on Your Blog
You can start by selling advertising space on your blog to brands that have a similar audience.
With this, you can earn money in two ways:
- CPC (cost per click): You will get paid if a visitor clicks on the ad.
- CPM (cost per mile): You will get a certain amount of money for every 1000 impressions received on the ad.
You can get direct deals from brands and advertisers or you may use ad networks to act as your middleman. You should consider signing up for Google AdSense once your blog starts getting a good amount of traffic.
You can also write and publish sponsored content for brands and advertisers. But to earn money with sponsored blog posts, you will have to grow your site’s traffic significantly. Also, you need to build a strong niche-specific blog audience in order to attract relevant brands.
3. Sell Physical and Digital Products
Use dropshipping to sell products online. With dropshipping, a supplier ships the products straight to the customer for a fee. You do not have to worry about shipping, packaging, or storing products.
You can also choose to sell digital products. These include software, recipes, courses, ebooks, and membership to your site.
For example, if you’ve got a cooking blog. You can create and sell an ebook with some of your best recipes or offer online cooking classes. You can also run a membership site where subscribers will have to pay to get access to premium content.
Whether you decide to sell physical or digital products, make sure they provide value to your audience. Start by understanding your target audience and what they will find useful. The products you sell should also be related to your niche.
4. Become a Thought Leader
Who is a thought leader?
A person who comes as authoritative in a certain niche, topic, or industry is considered a thought leader. It is similar to becoming an expert in your niche.
How can you become a thought leader?
Start by figuring out your expertise. You need to identify the niche you’re passionate about and skilled at. Figure out how your expertise can help your target audience.
Once you’ve discovered your niche, come up with a robust content strategy. You should create relevant and valuable content. Write in a tone that represents your voice and personality. Your content should also showcase what makes you unique and different from others.
Focus on offering value through educating, sharing ideas, and helping your audience solve their problems. Also, publish or reshare your content on other authoritative sites as well. This will help you build an audience for your own blog.
Become consistent and dynamic. Publish content regularly to build your brand and establish yourself as a thought leader. Incorporate various forms of content including videos, images, podcasts, infographics, and ebooks.
How can you make money as a thought leader?
- Earn money by speaking at industry events.
- Become a consultant.
- Sell virtual and physical products like online courses, ebooks, videos, keynote slides, and more.
- Write sponsored content for brands in your niche.
Are You Ready to Make Money Blogging?
Using either one of these methods can help you make money with your blog.
But imagine what if you use all of them?
You can create multiple income streams for yourself and make more money blogging. It may take some time, but it’s doable. Take time to learn, adopt new strategies, and grow your blog.
Do you have any more questions about setting up a blog and making money online? Feel free to ask them in the comments below.
About the Author
Renu Sharma is Inbound Marketing Manager at Attrock. With expertise in content marketing, she helps companies attract qualified leads, grow their revenue and brand reputations. She also works closely with influencers to help brands get more exposure in their niches. When not working, she loves to polish her marketing knowledge and skills, and watch interesting web series.